External job announcement (internal applicants welcome)
Position: Chief Threat Officer / Chief Threat Analyst
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Classification: Unpaid internship
Founded in the philosophical works of the distinguished Prof. Richard Buckminster Fuller, original designer of Tokyo Tower (among many, many other things) the mission of Tokyo Global Engineering Corporation (“TGEC”) is to apply currently accepted scientific principles to the design of projects that cannot be implemented until the emergence of a global state. Headquartered in the North Aoyama Ward of Tokyo, TGEC has employees around the world, and prides itself in its pointedly anti-discriminatory policies, while demanding the same of all its employees. TGEC has two divisions, and two corporate boards: the Operations Division and the Support Division, and the Board of Investors and the Board of Advisors. Within the Operations Division exist the following departments: Bioengineering, Nanoengineering, Civil Engineering, Space Engineering, Global Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Communication Engineering. Within the Support Division are the following bureaus: Art, Business Development, Communication, Diversity, Econometrics, Editing, Employment, Finance, General Counsel, Grants, Health, Information, Knowledge, Networking, Philanthropy, Procurement, Reputation, Scheduling, Threat Analysis, Translation, and Workforce Education.
The Chief Threat Officer (CTO) will serve as a lead member of the executive management, as a voting member of the TGEC Planning Committee, and as a voting member of the TGEC Outreach Committee. In collaboration with the CEO, the CTO will articulate and implement a threat-response plan for the agency that focuses on risk management, oversee implementation of the plan in close coordination with TGEC’s Planning and Outreach Committees, manage special pilot projects, and report high-risk threats to TGEC’s CEO.
The CTO will oversee a portfolio that includes: 1.) threat analysis, 2.) risk management, 3.) counterespionage, and 4.) special projects. The CTO will maintain strong connections to TGEC operations departments to introduce new threats, to manage special projects for longer term sustainability, and to meet the intelligence needs of key stakeholders. The CTO will also serve as the primary risk analyst for the Board of Investors and engage the Board frequently under the direction of the CEO.
In coordination with the Chief Executive Officer and executive officers, the CTO will play a key role in the Corporation by focusing on TGEC’s prospective and real threats. The CTO will:
– Serve as a voting member of the TGEC Planning Committee and work directly with the members of the Planning Committee, TGEC’s Board of Investors, and TGEC’s executive officers to maintain and enhance the strategic plan with the following five components:
o Increase TGEC job pool, including larger anchor employer relationships.
o Augment existing strategic model.
o Explore options for growth.
o Develop the TGEC Boards of Investors and Advisors.
o Build TGEC infrastructure capacity.
– Serve as a voting member of the TGEC Outreach Committee and work directly with the members of the Outreach Committee, TGEC’s Board of Advisors, and TGEC’s executive officers to maintain and enhance the outreach plan with the following five components:
o Increase TGEC project portfolio, including larger university and government relationships.
o Augment existing outreach model.
o Explore options for outreach.
o Develop the TGEC Operations Division.
o Build TGEC outreach capacity.
– Identify and assess threats.
o Identify potential problems that could impact the Corporation’s people, business, assets, and reputation.
o Apply effective intelligence and research methodologies to open source and the Corporation’s intelligence provider portfolio.
o Manage the mapping of global assets and threat information.
o Collect intelligence via social media networks.
o Identify new tools and best practices to support the ongoing improvement of the Corporation’s intelligence program.
– Generate intelligence and assessment products.
o Work under flexible requirements to produce analytical products that are tailored to meet changing business needs. Such products include, but are not limited to, incident alerts, thematic/subject-matter reports, scenario analyses, municipal/national/regional/global threat assessments, risk/threat maps, presentations, and talking points.
– Help the CEO safely develop relationships and partnerships around the globe, especially in underrepresented areas.
– Expand TGEC’s threat-analysis efforts in close partnership with TGEC’s Board of Investors and in line with TGEC’s strategic plan.
– Leadership experience in non-profit, for-profit, government, or philanthropic sectors, working on growth, business development, strategy, planning, or related issues.
– Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-tiered structure to include professional development and mentorship.
– Comprehensive working knowledge of organizational planning, organizational structure, budgeting, and administrative operations.
– Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning purposes.
– Impeccable communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
– Strong relationship builder, with the ability find common ground, build consensuses, and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
– Strong global awareness and astuteness.
– Ability to successfully navigate in a quickly paced, outcome-driven, entrepreneurial environment.
– Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment.
– Undergraduate degree preferred; graduate degree in business or public administration or a related field is strongly desired.
Please complete a TGEC Form 1, Application for Employment, which can be obtained from TGEC’s Employment Branch at the e-mail address featured on the “Careers” webpage. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. TGEC offers this position as a highly competitive unpaid internship. TGEC does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of anything that otherwise lands the worst of corporations in court, and prides itself in its pointedly anti-discriminatory policies, while demanding the same of all its employees. All persons that believe themselves capable of performing all of the tasks outlined in this announcement should apply without delay.
Qualified applicants will be evaluated by the TGEC Employment Branch’s rating panel to determine the most qualified applicants and will be based upon the degree to which qualified applicants meet the preferred qualifications. The rating panel will refer the top applicants to the selecting official for consideration.
Please follow all instructions very carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.